Ideas for Your Living Room Themes
How do you usually spend Sunday afternoons? Do you go out with your friends or your family and perhaps go to a beautiful park nearby and play some games? Or are you the type who just prefer to stay at home and lounge at the comfortable sofa while opening a new book? Both can really be de-stressing but the second option is most probably a better way to spend the lazy day. Well, that is if you have a house that is conducive for total rest and relaxation.
So, if you feel like your place is becoming too much of an eyesore which makes it hard to revitalise and rejuvenate, maybe it is about time that you revamp your personal haven. But of course, that endeavour is one of those that are easier said than done. This project involves a lot of tasks and concerns and it can surely drain the life out of you.
The questions of where and how to start are the biggest dilemmas for a lot of home owners. It is given that it is always difficult to begin the whole project from scratch. Thankfully, this article is going to share with you one important secret that can get you pass through this hard phase.
You know what is the best way to kick this make over off? It is as simple as choosing a theme. What you need to remember is that there are no certain rules that you need to follow here. You just have to go with your liking. Here are some other tips that can help you pick up a look for living rooms:
- In choosing the colour, why don't you look around your place? Look for hues that are sort of prominent like if you see a lot of earthy hues or some shades of blues. Apparently, those tones are the ones that you like so you might want to incorporate those in your walls or in the some other details. Remember that this is your living room and you spend quite a lot of time here so make sure that you put on tint that you really love. You can even have patterns and prints if you want. Just make sure that you trust a reliable provider of wall covering services.
- Do you love travelling? What is your favourite city or country? You can use those places as an inspiration in designing the interiors of your personal haven. For example, you can apply Japan's minimalistic concept or Spain's rustic yet elegant look. You can also fuse in some contemporary elements by adding in some modern living room furniture.
- You can also pick some era like the 60's or 70's for that glamorous rock feel or the 1920's look for a more vintage feel. However, if you want a more futuristic look for your space, you can also use it. So, if you are into hi-tech gadgets and gizmos, you can place them in an Oak Computer Desk to make them look more organised. It can also serve as an additional storage space for some of your other things.
- Try to incorporate some of the greens in your floor plan. Adding some natural elements in your motif can never go wrong. Putting even just a single piece of plant in one corner can already spice up the whole ambiance of your area. Not only does it improve the room's aesthetics but it can also help you purifie air.
- There is no rule that says you can never mix and match two themes. So, if you are torn between both of them, why not fuse them together? For instance, if you want to add some animal prints (which is a contemporary motif) with some fixtures like oak computer desk and other pieces of wooden furniture, you can opt for that cottage look. Just make sure they go well together.
These are just some of the tips that have hopefully shed light amidst your decorating and revamping confusion. Again, it is best that you go according to your own preference. And also, make sure you take a good amount of time in deciding. This kind of project should not be done haphazardly, so there is no need to rush.